IMG_8165.jpeg

Benefits of Play

Play over the last century has gone from being almost exclusively an outdoor activity to one that is often situated indoors in front of televisions and computers. Research shows that research shows that those who play outdoors regularly are happier, healthier, and stronger — and this leads to happier, healthier, and stronger people.

Magical Bridge Playgrounds improve the physical, social, emotional and mental health of everyone in the community, including our youth, our aging population, the most vulnerable, and the disabled. With a message of kindness and inclusion, Magical Bridge Playgrounds are not only a place where everyone can experience the health benefits of outdoor play, they are a thriving gathering place for the community, with opportunities for programs, outreach events, and performances. Magical Bridge illustrates the value a community places on the health and wellness of everyone.

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 10.13.31 PM.png

BENEFITS FOR ONE AND ALL

By giving young people with and without disabilities a chance to play together, inclusive spaces serve as a joyful incubator of a more tolerant and kind society, in which those with disabilities can participate equally and enjoy new opportunities to flourish. At Magical Bridge Playgrounds, everyone can experience the benefits of outdoor play, which:

star_fullpointy.png
star_fullpointy.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-02 at 3.33.03 PM.jpeg
  • Increases physical activity, building coordination and strength

  • Improves cardiovascular and gross motor skills

  • Increases blood flow to the brain, leading to cognitive development

  • Improves balance, and spatial awareness

  • Nurtures self-discipline and problem solving skills

  • Reduces symptoms of ADHD and ADD

  • Improves and teaches vocabulary

  • Increases the body’s vitamin D levels

  • Enhances negotiation skills

  • Reduces anxiety and improving mood

  • Improves concentration and focus

  • Enhances imaginative and creative play

  • Develops stronger immune systems

  • Builds self-esteem and confidence

Not just for young people, regular exercise and play for the aging population helps to:

  • Prevent falls and fractures

  • Improve coordination and balance

  • Reduce the risk of strokes, heart disease, and some cancers

  • Lessen cognitive decline

  • Control obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure

  • Reduces isolation by providing a safe outing for interaction

star_fullpointy.png
star_fullpointy.png

THE SERIOUS
SIDE OF PLAY

​Children are spending more time in front of the screen than reading books, playing outside or engaging in extracurricular activities. Spending less time playing outdoors is linked to:

  • Obesity

  • Depression

  • Type II diabetes

  • High blood pressure

  • High cholesterol

  • Anxiety disorders

  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

  • Drug abuse and smoking

  • Bullying

  • Low self esteem

  • Stress

star_fullpointy.png
star_fullpointy.png
IMG_8797 2.jpeg

Healthier play
for everyone.

Inclusive play develops a true understanding of the world, encourages appreciation of the differences between people, and more importantly, recognizes the similarities that underlie them. Creating environments that extend access, kindness, and compassion to EVERYONE creates a ripple effect on the health and well-being of a community. There has never been a more important time for families, healthcare professionals, and educators to make outdoor play a priority. 

It is important to note that only 10% of those with disabilities are physically affected; autism, cognitive and developmental issues, sensory challenges and many other differences make up the other 90%. Magical Bridge gives everyone a place to experience the many physical, mental, and social benefits of outdoor play.

BENEFIT BREAKDOWN

star_fullpointy.png
star_fullpointy.png
star_fullpointy.png